Tuesday, September 29, 2009

THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE [Golden Village Vivocity]

the September Issue
A documentary on the making of US Vogue September 2007 issue. I marvel at the rate and degree of creativity that explodes to reach invisible standards mercilessly set by the editor-in-chief. There seems to be an invisible and compelling interplay of forces between one woman and the entire crew. On the one side is the editor's raw power to say 'yes' or 'no'; and on the other, the power of creativity to produce, reproduce and create new creative boundaries to fight back from being cut out - yet again. The rest of the world just benefit from the work of this contest.

I equally marvel at the firm direction given by Editor-in-Chief, Anna Wintour, and the creative mind of Grace Coddington, the creative director. Both are inarguably incredibly creative beings - one with form, the other with feel. The form without the right feel is cold and hard. The feel without the right form is invariably lost and forgettable.

But as soon as I stepped out of the theatre to my world, I'm glad my reality is much better than the world of US Vogue.